Wednesday, November 28, 2012

I was playing in my art journal yesterday and this is the result. I should have taken a photo of my hands afterward, they had more paint on them than the page. I had so much fun making this!
I found some paper hearts and doilies at goodwill for 99 cents, so I glued some of those down and then coated everything in a layer of  Gesso and then went in with some acrylic paints. Which I applied with my hands :D Good times.
Next I added some chipboard letter stickers I have had forever. I traced around the edges of the hearts with a charcoal pencil and smeared it with my finger. This would have been easier if I had done that before adding the letter stickers, live and learn.
I found this quote on the internet and loved it so it had to go on there. "The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire". I just printed it on plain ol' copy paper and tore it into a circle-ish shape and then added the red paint around it and made it drip a little. Add more paint everywhere. I made smears, dots and dipped the edge of a gift card in paint and made lines with it. FUN!
And rub-ons. Add them everywhere!
And doodle in some spots too, because it feels good :) 
and it adds a personal touch. The last thing I did was add a piece of old packaging to stamp the date on. I have learned that I love stamping with the date stamp. Reminds me of the librarian stamping the books. Oh then I stapled it on with my Tiny Attacher. I loooooooooove my Tiny Attacher. If you don't have one, get one. You won't regret it. The staples are itty bitty and so cute! 
I love how this one turned out.
Thanks for looking and have a fantastic day.
Hugs, Dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment