Monday, February 15, 2010

A case of the blahs and boo to snow days!

I feel it best to warn you, I am about to whine. Feel free to stop reading now, I won't be offended. I know, whining never accomplishes anything. I'm gonna do it anyway. Today marks the 7th day my kids have had off from school in a row. Tomorrow has been cancelled as well, due to inclement weather. The weather, hrrrrrumph. The snow is bumming me out man! I think I am starting to lose my hair, or maybe it's just me pulling it out after breaking up the umpteenth fight between this kid and that kid, or that kid and this kid. It usually ends with someone having to clean their room. Even my kids want to go back to school, how sad is that? They are bored and need to spend time apart from each other. Cabin fever has set in big time! I haven't exercised since last Friday. I should have today, but went to the dentist instead. Not the funnest way to spend a morning. When I got home (the snow started to fall, again), I went to bed to sleep off the numbness on the left side of my face. Sadly, I have to go back to said dentist Wed. (if I am able to get there, big if lol), to get the other side done. I am HOPING that will be the end of my dental nightmares. I have read and read this post and have decided I do in fact need some cheese with this whine. I have also decided that I am going to log off here and go exercise. I KNOW it will make me feel better. THanks for listening and please, take care of your teeth :)
Hope everyone is staying warm .

14 comments:

  1. OH MY GOSH DAWN! SEVEN DAYS OFF FOR THE KIDS??? How are you still sane? I would absolutely NOT have any hair left and to be honest, I probably would prefer to go to the dentist than to stay home one more day breaking up fights. I know exactly what you mean about the kids needing time away from each other..so true. So true. Good move to go exercise...can't neglect yourself and it actually might MIGHT make you feel better! Sorry about the dental issues. Hope Wednesday is the end of them for you. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lori! I did exercise and I do feel better :) SO YAY! Now I need a shower, because I am sweating like a pig LOL. I am HAWT lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh dawn i am so so sorry your having such a rough time! i say let the kids go to school, heck my mom would have told me how she walked uphill in 6 feet of snow BOTH ways to school LOL so glad you exercised and feel better :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was about to say that I wish I could be there to give you a big hug, but I couldn't survive that weather. A better plan would be for you to come here to Florida to collect the big hug and get a break from the snow and kids with cabin fever.:) We're having a very cold winter, but no snow. It's not Hawaii, but it beats what you're going through.

    Way to go with doing your exercise!!! You're doing so well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dawn I totally feel you on the snow in Ohio...I dont have kids of my own so i'm not breaking up fights but every morning when I wake up and there is more snow falling I just want to pull the covers back over my head and go back to sleep...I am sooooooooo over snow :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look on the bright side. You might have make-up days. Sunny warm and quiet.lol Hang in there. I understand the snow thing, not much at all for us this year but the last 2 were hard. Hang in there I promise summer will come, it may take til june but it will.
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. LMAO! you crack me up! Hang in there. It can only get better from here. Bring on the sunshine!

    Kylie ox

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know how you feel about the snow. I'm sorry you're stuck in the house with kids. I would be crazy if I had kids. I was in Joann's on Sunday and it started to snow again and everyone began to groan and moan. Anyway your not alone. I'm glad the exercise helps. It's sunny here in Little Rock so maybe it's headed your way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, that is awful!!! I can't say I feel your pain but I used to! I remember when we had an ice storm and my kids were off for a week, mostly because they needed the schools for emergency shelters for the elderly because we lost power.

    Hang in there! I hope tomorrow is a school day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nope tomorrow isn't a school day, they cancelled it again :( But I did exercise today and my girls made cupcakes. So it wasn't too bad. Whew.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hang in there! Sounds like a wild rumpus, you made me feel better about my lot though ;) I was complaining and now realize that I have nothing to gripe about. I hope it turns around soon. Snow, snow, go away!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is unreal to have the kids out of school that long for the weather. They aren't going to have much summer break left after they make up all of the days they've missed for snow.

    You rock with the exercise!!! It's probably helping your sanity too. lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my! I really feel for you! For being sequestered with squabbling kids and for going to the dentist. It's too late for me to start taking care of my teeth. I was/am petrified of the dentist and have many visits and thousands of dollars I need to spend to correct the damage that 25 years of drinking Mountain Dew (among various other sweets) have done to my teeth. Sorry, I don't know anything about dealing with the snow as I'm a Florida girl. Keep warm!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have a feeling I will be in your boat next week, the kids had vacation this week and no snow and I bet we will get hammered with snow when it's time for them to go back and yes, right now they are "cleaning" their rooms LOL!

    ReplyDelete