Monday, January 20, 2014

Magazine Monday

I completely forgot to take progress photos of this set of pages. OooOOoops! I started out with gesso on the pages so the original art, photos and text is covered. It's ok if a little peeks through. After gesso, I sought out my quote. I found a pin on Pinterest that said Rooted in Faith and I immediately pictured what you see here on my pages. I love it when that happens! I painted the background with acrylic craft paint.I gave my pages some texture with white paint on bubble wrap and black staz-on, on a text stamp.
After painting the tree trunk brown I spritzed it with water and ran my Rust colored Crayola Oil Pastel over it. They are water soluble so it makes for a pretty cool product. I think they sell them at Staples, but I had to order mine online. They also come in a 24 pack, for around $10- $15.
I didn't really care for these pages until I went around the edges of the tree and the edges of the pages with a dark blue Oil Pastel. I have a set of Pentel Oil Pastels and they smeared with my finger quite well. I finished it off with my quote, which I stamped with Foam Stamps by Memory Makers that I have had for years. Then I flicked everything with some White acrylic paint and then a silver/black Smooch spritz. 

I hope you are enjoying your Monday.
Hugs, Dawn

3 comments: