Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Papercutz Tuesday

Every Tuesday I will try to showcase a project I have made using paper. Today's project is a photo cube I made from a box a present came in at Christmas time. I believe you can get these boxes at Dollar Tree.
 
This is the finished Photo Cube with mini album.
I used a 6x6 Paper pad from  Simple Stories called Snap Life,
This is what the box looked like when I started.

I used a wire hanger to create the Photo stand in the lid. I clipped the portion I needed, bent it into the shape I wanted and embossed it with red embossing powder.

I found these little white lunch bags at Hobby Lobby for $2.99. You get 16 bags in a package. They are 6 3/4" long, 3 1/2" wide and 2" deep.(They come in a variety of colors)

Here is the top of the photo cube

The sides



Here is where the mini album lives!


I tucked a tag into each pocket for journaling on or for more photos.

Here is the open tag. 






This is the inside of the box with the mini album (lid) removed. 

Thanks for taking a look. This was a fun one to put together!
Happy Tuesday.
Hugs, Dawn







4 comments:

  1. WOW WOW WOW! Your creativity amazes me sooooo much! It also inspires me! I want to play too! Thanks so much for sharing! Simple stories is my fave company at the moment too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jeanne! I am happy you are inspired. If you play be sure to show me! I love your stuffs!! That line of paper is darling, and I got it on clearance at Hobby Lobby for under $3!!

      Delete
  2. Dawn, this Fabulous! Really so special. I can't imagine how hard it was to emboss the hanger, and you got it so smooth looking. The little album is really cute. I'm in awe of the whole project - looks like you had a lot of fun creating it though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words Holly. You are so right about embossing the hanger lol. I would get one side done and then go for the other side only to have the first side remelting and wanting to drip. It was worth it though, it looks way cuter red than gold. It was really fun to create this project.

      Delete